Why Buy a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe?Buying Guide Advice Prices
For 2015, the Tahoe got a full redesign, with better focus directed towards its mission of offering comfortable seating for eight, while having the capacity of towing some 8,500 pounds. Also available is 9-passenger seating on the Tahoe base models that come equipped with an additional/optional front bench seat.
The new 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe added features include Lane-Keeping Assist, Apple CarPlay functionality, and a color touchscreen infotainment system.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe – The Pros
1) Performance and Powertrains
Test drivers have praised the potent V8 engine, the composed handling and comfort of the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe. A sharp and new look drivetrain that has new technology options are some of the features on this new Chevy.
Critics note that in most settings:
- The new 2016 Chevy Tahoe is fairly easy to manage despite its fairly large size
- Steering is responsive
- Brakes are strong
2) Acceleration and Power
The standard 5.3-liter V8 engine of the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe comes with more than sufficient muscle to haul cargo, move people or tow a large trailer without really having to break a sweat. The 6-speed automatic is excellent for fast acceleration.
3) Handling and Braking
According to auto reviewers, the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe's steering is quite responsive, delivering good feedback.
- Steering is precise
- The ride is quiet, controlled and comfortable.
- The brakes are firm
4) Fuel Economy
The fuel economy of the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe is greatly enhanced by a system known as Active Fuel Management.
- Essentially, it deactivates 4 of the 8 Tahoe's cylinders when your engine doesn’t need them.
- The Tahoe, according to maker Chevrolet can tow close to 8,600 pounds.
5) The Tahoe’s Interior
Inside this car model you will get quality materials and more colors forming a thoroughly modern center console and dashboard. Test drivers have said the cabin of the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe is among the best in this vehicle class.
It brings to you:
- A very contemporary design
- Soft-touch materials
- Solid construction
According to auto reviews, the new color MyLink touchscreen is among the most user-friendly and brightest infotainment systems.They are also impressed with the cabin’s features like comfortable front seats and a quiet ride.
They all agree that the build quality of the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe is excellent while the layout is very well thought out.
6) The Tahoe's Infotainment System
According to reviewers, the MyLink infotainment system is attractive, simple to set up and use. Some test drivers have indicated that the controls on the center stack are easy to reach and that some controls have been complemented by physical knobs and buttons.
7) Cargo Handling
Much of the competition has in fact embraced the fold-flat seat technology for over a decade. However, this becomes the very first time when you’ll not need to remove the 3rd-row seats of this big Chevy so as to maximize your cargo space.
- Also available is a hands-free power liftgate.
- The mechanism for power folding works quickly.
8) Seating Arrangements
The 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe has a capacity of 8 and comes with front seats that are power-adjustable. The majority of buyers are going to find the 2016 Tahoe’s seats quite comfortable even while on long cruises.
- This Chevy is an excellent companion for your long road-trip.
- It is comfortable and quiet.
This truck will eat up the miles while you enjoy commanding road views that have made the Chevy crossovers and SUVs so popular.
9) Safety Ratings
The current Tahoe has been given the 2nd best rating by the NHTSA. The car has received four stars out of the possible five overall rating for a variety of crash tests.
10) Recalls and Warranty
Although there is no current reliability data for the new Tahoe, its previous models have been deemed to be very reliable.
- The NHTSA has not issued any safety recalls for the 2016 model.
- The 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe comes to you covered by a bumper-to-bumper 36,000-mile/3-year warranty
- You also get a 60,000-mile/5-year powertrain warranty.
To avoid overpaying on a new car, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
These free services will offer you the lowest prices and supply you with multiple competing price quotes. You will know the best price before you visit the dealer.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe – The Cons
1) Bad Driver Experiences
A good number of drivers have made it known that the 2015 Tahoe’s rear visibility was challenging, and there seems to have been little improvements in the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe. Drivers are also not very impressed with the occasionally frustrating infotainment technology and telematics.
2) Very Highly Raised Cargo Floor
Critics feel that the fold-flat 3rdvrow is sort of cheat, and the placement over rear axle raises has tended to raise the cargo floor to a high level that is absurd.
- If you are of short build, lifting your luggage into the cargo space may be challenging.
- The raised cargo floor vertically lessens cargo room and increases the lift-over height as you load.
3) Cramped Seats
Automotive journalists agree that the 3rd row is cramped and is perhaps best suitable for children.
- Grownups would have been better off had the 2nd-row seats adjusted back and forward.
- This would have offered a better seatback angle, although they remain more spacious than the tiny 3rdrow.
How It Stacks Up To The Competition:
Auto reviews have compared the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe with the 2016 models of the Buick Enclave and the GMC Yukon in terms of critics’ rating, safety, performance, passenger capacity, overall rating and more.
- Critics’ ratings stand at 8.8, lower than the Yukon’s 8.9, but higher than the Buick Enclave’s 8.6
- Safety rating ties at 8.7 with the Yukon, lower than the Buick’s 9.7
- The Tahoe performance rating has been put at 8.3, higher than the 7.7 for the Buick, but lower than the Yukon’s 8.5
- Passenger capacity is eight against the 7 for the Buick Enclave and 9 for the GMC Yukon.
Overall rating for the Chevrolet Tahoe is at 8.4; same as for the Enclave, but slightly below the Yukon’s 8.6
The nifty moves and a sleek yet commanding car profile appears to ensure the persistent popularity and reputation of this SUV family-oriented Tahoe model. Auto journalist has viewed the 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe as a worthy competitor for the Buick Enclave, Ford Expedition, GMC Yukon, Nissan Armada, and the Toyota Sequoia. However, nothing has so far sold as well as the 2016 Chevy.
When viewed in terms of its higher trim levels, the 2016 Tahoe can even be seen as a good rival for a higher-end car such as the Mercedes-Benz GL-Class. The price range of the top Tahoe versions overlap with the Benz GL-Class and it might even appear somewhat more polished.The value-conscious 2016 version of the Tahoe is expected to go on sale sometime during early fall.
2016 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Pros VS Cons
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Pros VS Cons
2016 Chevrolet Cruze Pros VS Cons
2016 Chevrolet Equinox Pros VS Cons
2016 Chevrolet Impala Pros VS Cons
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Pros VS Cons