Why Buy a 2016 Lexus RC F?Buying Guide Advice Prices
What's New for 2016:
The 2016 Lexus RC F holds many of the same features as the previous model aside from a new infotainment system, available orange brake calipers and the Lexus Enform Service Connect feature.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2016 Lexus RC F – The Pros
1) Performance: Powerful Engine
The 2016 Lexus RC F receives 26 average miles per gallon (22 mpg city, 32 mpg highway) and features:
- a 5.0-liter 467 HP V8 engine
- Rear Wheel Drive
- 8 Speed Transmission
2) Exterior Appearance: Unique and Bold Look
The 2016 Lexus RC F is easily recognizable with its bold outer appearance. Its body is aggressive but still sleek. One of the best esthetic features is its unique mesh spindle grill that extends down the front of the vehicle and spreads out wide.
3) Interior Appearance: Modern and Stylish
The RC F model has the true look of a sports car with its Rio Red interior features. It also has carbon fiber trim and aluminum sport pedals.
4) Digital Speedometer: Technologically Advanced
The 2016 Lexus RC F has a digital speedometer that is rare in the fact that it slides to present additional information regarding the state of the automobile. It displays the standard information on the main screen, but it can also slide to present tire pressure, messages, and media on its additional screen.
5) Equipment: Surplus of Impressive Standard Features
The Lexus RC F comes with some impressive and convenient features as a standard inclusion with the automobile. Some of these include:
- 8-Way Power Passenger Seat
- 10-Way Power Driver Seat
- 19-Inch Wheels With Summer Tires
- Auto-Dimming Mirror
- Automatic Climate Control
- Driver Memory Settings
- Heated Front Seats
- High-Performance Brembo Brakes
- Keyless Ignition and Entry
- LED Headlights
- Power Tilt-and-Telescoping Steering Wheel
- Rearview Camera
- Sport-Tuned Suspension
6) Electronics: Various Electronic Conveniences
The 2016 Lexus RC F features several electronic features to make driving, communicating and enjoying media much more convenient.
- 7-Inch Display
- 10-Speaker Sound System
- Auxiliary Audio Jack
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Configurable Multi-Instrument Display
- HD Radio
- Satellite Radio
- Voice Commands
- USB Interface
7) Remote Control: Lexus Enform
The Lexus Enform Remote and Lexus Enform Service Connect features allow users to remotely control the vehicle with their smartphone in order to:
- Lock or Unlock Doors
- Start and Stop the Vehicle
- Turn Climate Control On or Off
- Locate the Vehicle when Lost
- Obtain Vehicle Status Reports
- Receive Maintenance Alerts via Email Notifications
8) Trunk: Impressive Cargo Space
The trunk offers a dampening feature for a soft opening, and it provides 10.4 cubic feet of cargo space on its own. To get more space, users can fold the rear seats to offer more room. This amount of total trunk space is somewhat rare for a coupe.
9) Security: Smart Key Access
The RC F comes standard with features that make entry much safer. The key slot is hidden behind the door handle to deter would-be thieves, and there is an LED light under the handle to enhance visibility.
10) Packages: Numerous Optional Features
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Windshield De-Icer
- Headlight Washers
- Carbon-Fiber Roof
- Rear Spoiler
- Torque-Vectoring Differential
- Navigation System
- Console-Mounted Touchpad Controller
- Upgraded Voice Commands
- Smart Phone App Integration
- 17-Speaker Surround-Sound Audio System
- Rear Spoiler
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- Automatic Wipers
- Auto-Dimming Side Mirrors
- Blind-Spot Monitoring With Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
Reasons Not to Buy a 2016 Lexus RC F – The Cons
A Bit Rough
The 2016 Lexus RC F doesn't come with adaptive or adjustable suspension. it's presented as-is, but it provides a decent balance between performance and comfort. The downside is, it falls short when compared to other vehicles in the Lexus lineup. It can be a bit of a rough and noisy ride by comparison.
The vehicle can be heavy on turns in addition to having a less than responsive steering system. The 2016 RC F may not be as engaging as many speed enthusiasts would prefer.
As the model is a sports coupe, there is not much legroom in the back even for most adults. It's best left for cargo or kids as the headroom can be tight as well. The upside is the front seats are soft and comfortable while still firm and supportive.
How it Stacks Up to the Competition:
The 2016 BMW M4 is one of the RC F's biggest competitors. While it's impressive on its own, the M4 falls short when comparing its 6-speed transmission to the standard 8-speed of the RC F. It also comes up short regarding fuel economy and remote control technology. The RC F surpasses the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V in these same fields (except remote control) in addition to offering rear air conditioning vents where the ATS-V does not.
While it does come with shortcomings like any other vehicle, the 2016 Lexus RC F offers a lot in the way of features and options. It acts as a nice blend of style and power, and it's just right for those looking for luxury as a priority.