2016 Audi S4 Pros vs Cons. Should You Buy?
True, the new 2016 S4 shares most of its body features with the A4 sedan, but from there it becomes more distinct with several aggressive details. The 2016 S4 stands out due to its handsome and clean look.
The 2016 S4 is going to be the last among the supercharged S4s, as auto maker Audi is moving to turbocharging cars in 2017. However, the Audi 2017 version will not be distinctly different or considerably faster compared to the 2016 S4.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2016 Audi S4 – The Pros
Any car enthusiast will smile from the performance of both the S4 and A4 models. Critics have reported that both models offer a comfortable ride. The car also comes with nimble handling when you push the car through corners.
- Both S4 and A4, according to auto reviewers have very powerful engines
- Brakes feel very strong
- Steering supplies good feedback
- Comfortable and quiet on the highway
2) Acceleration and Power
What the Audi A4 does well has been done brilliantly by the 2016 Audi S4. The S4 can shoot to over 60 mph in a mere 4.9 seconds, and has a 155-mph top speed.
It comes with:
- Pinion steering
- Standard sports suspension
- Electronic speed-sensitive rack
The S4 comes with several optional handling equipment ideal for all weather conditions.
3) Braking and Handling
Offering what critics term as understated refined and confident performance, the 2016 Audi S4 is an excellent option if what you seek is an agile luxury sport sedan that supplies an additional kick.
- The supercharged V6 is strong and smooth
- Has dynamic handling
- Gives a compliant ride
The 2016 S4 has a standard sports suspension and the brakes perform quite well to inspire confidence as you cut sharp corners.
4) The Interior
The reputation of Audi for beautifully crafted interiors stays safe with the new 2016 Audi S4 luxury sedan. The S4/A4 interior brings all the features any car lover would need or want to see in a modern luxury sedan car.
- Every aspect is designed nicely and impeccably finished.
- The outcome is a purposeful, relaxing, and even very businesslike car interior.
5) Dashboard Features
Auto journalists are in full agreement that the cabin and dashboard are top-notch, designed with great style and quality materials throughout.
Included in the dash features are:
- Volume control that is speed-dependent
- Auxiliary jack and SD card slot
- Optional navigation and Audi Connect plus Wi-Fi
- Google Earth mapping
6) MMI Infotainment System
The Audi S4 and A4 come with outstanding MMI infotainment system features with a truly dizzying array of advanced and high-tech options. It's a very effective interface with soothing red backlighting that nicely illuminates just about every knob, button and switch on the system.
7) Seating Arrangements
The 2016 Audi S4 and A4 can hold 5 passengers on seats that are very comfortable. The standard leather seats are good, although the sport seats provide extra-support for both long hauls and enthusiastic speedy driving.
8) Value for Price
Whether you're are in the market for a premium priced machine or for a luxury sedan that is modestly priced, the 2016 Audi S4 and A4 sedans are offering you a broad range of pricing and models.
- The Premium Plus 2016 S4 is starting at $50,200
- The Prestige model starts at $56,100
However, with the Audi S4, really what you're paying for is what comes under the car’s hood.
9) Safety Ratings
The 2016 Audi S4 brings a solid package of safety equipment carried over from last year. Available additional safety enhancements installed on the 2016 S4 include:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane-departure and blind-spot warnings
- Rear thorax airbags
10) Recalls & Reliability
The 2016 S4/A4 has not experienced safety recalls from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Audi covers the 2016 S4/A4 with a limited 4-year/50,000-mile warranty.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2016 Audi S4 – The Cons
1) Infotainment System
Critics say that the MMI control layout is unintuitive. It has been said that the control system of the Audi's MMI somewhat complicates most of the climate and audio functions.
2) Cargo Storage
At 12.4 cubic feet, the 2016 S4 trunk space is rather low for that vehicle class. The cabin storage is subpar, as it only consists of a deep glove box, small map pockets on the doors and a center console.
3) Nothing Really New
Essentially, the Audi S4 is unchanged from the 2015-year model. Being a crossover, you should not expect too many options or new goodies from the S4 of 2016. By no means is it a fresh model entry into the market, and is in fact to be replaced come 2017.
How It Stacks Up to The Competition:
Being of the same class, it is possible to compare the 2016 Audi S4/A4 with the Mercedes-Benz C-Class and the Lexus RC models.
- Price wise, 2016 Audi S4 is cheaper than both the two other makes.
- Critic’s rating for the S4 stands at 9.1, higher than the 9.0 for the Lexus and slightly below the 9.5 for the Merc.
- Reviews have placed the overall S4 performance as being higher than the two cars.
- Safety rating for the 2016 S4/A4 is at 9.2, lower than 10.0 for the 2016 Lexus RC but higher than the Benz’s 8.9
- The S4 beats the two models regarding Passenger Volume (Cu/ft.)
- Overall, the Audi rates at 8.6 slightly below the two others which tie at 8.9
Although many consider this car a bit dated in several areas such as the interior when pitted against newer designs and German rivals, the new 2016 Audi S4 remains a powerful contender. It is still very competent in both the performance and luxury departments.
The Audi S4 has proved itself popular with both performance-oriented drivers and businesspeople wishing to blend sportiness and comfort.
• 2016 Audi A3 Convertible Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A3 Wagon Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A3 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A4 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A5 Cabriolet Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A5 Coupe Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A6 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A7 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A8 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi allroad Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi Q3 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi Q5 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi Q5 Hybrid Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi RS7 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi S3 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi S4 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi S5 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi S6 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi S7 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi S8 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi SQ5 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi TT Coupe Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi TT Roadster Pros VS Cons