2016 Audi SQ5 Pros vs Cons. Should You Buy?
The new Audi SQ5 is available in hardtop coupe or convertible or hardtop forms, both available in performance S5 trim. Also now available are Cabriolet models with a red acoustic. Any A5 model can now be accessed with a Misano Red pearl effect paint.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2016 Audi SQ5 – The Pros
1) Classy Interior Design
As would be expected from Audi, the Q5 is a beneficiary of top-notch construction and classy interior design. The cabin of the AQ5 has been tastefully trimmed in materials of top quality pedigree. These can be outfitted smoothly along with the latest MMI infotainment system version from Audi.
2) Powertrains and Performance
A346 pound-feet of torque and V6 supercharged 3.0-liter engine that is rated at 354 horsepower is what powers the 2016 Audi SQ5.
- An eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive are standard for SQ5
- In performance testing by Edmunds, the 2016 Audi SQ5 hustled to 60 mph from zero in just 5.0 seconds.
3) Driving Impressions
There are not many crossovers that are going to inspire you to take the twisty and longer route, but the 2016 Audi SQ5 will continually entice you do exactly that with its superb performance tires and a sport-tuned suspension. The SQ5 has ample stability and grip, with a bit of body roll that is generally exhibited by crossovers.
4) Acceleration and Power
Although there are some powertrains you can choose from, the 2016 Audi SQ5's4-cylinder 2.0-liter turbocharged may turn out to be the best choice all-around. It is powerful, fuel efficient and it has an automatic 8-speed transmission.
No matter the powertrain chosen, the 2016 Audi SQ5 delivers smooth, powerful acceleration, while the 8-speed automatic is highly responsive and refined.
5) Handling and Braking
Reviewers have praised the handling of the SQ5 as athletic handling, rounding corners more confidently compared to many of its rivals. At reasonable speeds, its steering is direct and accurate to give you a composed ride. When driving around town, it has proved to be comfortable and nimble.
6) Infotainment and Telematics Features
The most advanced infotainment and telematics features from Audi have been fitted to the SQ5. This includes Audi Connect, which brings you 3G connectivity, turning the car into a mobile wireless hotspot.
- The navigation system offered as an option renders maps with Google Earth and Google Street View data to gorgeous effect
- Available is a Bang & Olufsen audio system, an adaptive cruise control that brings your car to a total halt if it detects obstacle when moving at speeds of close to 19 mph.
Despite the compact size of the SQ5, it still manages to give the impression of being roomy whether you're at the rear or in the front.
- The Q5 rear seats both slide and recline aft and fore—a rarity for this class of cars.
- The roomy SQ5's rear seats fold nicely
- Surprisingly, the 2nd-row accommodation is very generous for so compact an SUV.
8) Cargo Handling
The 2016 Audi SQ5gives you cargo space measuring 29.1 cubic feet behind the rear seats and some 57.3 cubic feet when you fold the rear seats. This comes to slightly above the class average.
- Auto writers highlight that the low load floor and wide cargo opening makes loading easy.
- A wide lift-gate aids when you are loading.
- Rear seats are easy to fold, and they latch almost completely flat.
In crash tests conducted by the NHTSA, for overall crash protection, this Audi model earned four stars regarding total frontal impact safety and five stars for its safety from side-impact. The car got a “Good” rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
10) Warranty and Recalls
The 2016 Audi Q5 has not suffered any NHTSA safety recalls. It comes backed by a 50,000-mile/4-year limited warranty.
To avoid overpaying on a new car, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
These free services will offer you the lowest prices and supply you with multiple competing price quotes. You will know the best price before you visit the dealer.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2016 Audi SQ5 – The Cons
1) Somewhat Underpowered Acceleration
The base Audi 2.0T engine would appear to be somewhat underpowered for this luxury-crossover heavy duty, although it would be okay under normal driving circumstances. A few auto critics have found it rather underpowered when pitted against engines in a similar class of SUVs.
2) Poor Ergonomics
Some test drivers have indicated that on those Q5 models that are not equipped with automatic navigation, the knobs and buttons used in controlling the MMI system are challenging to reach.
- You require several steps to adjust the speed of climate system.
- Similar to the previous A4, the ergonomics are a hit-or-miss thing.
3) Average Dashboard
Reviewers have reported that several of the buttons and controls on 2016 Audi SQ5 dashboard aren’t easy to reach as you drive. They also point out that the dash styling feels rather sterile, lacking in punch, even going by the ascetic design standard set by Audi.
4) Automatic Stop-Start System
The SQ5’s automatic stop-start system helps regarding efficiency, although it always doesn't keep your engine off for the duration of the entire stop.
- That kind of random re-firing could become annoying.
- You can only temporarily disable the feature because, at the commencement of each cycle, it will automatically reactivate itself.
5) The Steering
Perhaps the most perceptible dynamic drawback of the 2016 Audi SQ5 lies in the steering. According to critics, it has an artificial feel and provides little communication or feedback to you as you drive, which is rather disappointing.
How It Stacks Up To The Competition:
Auto reviewers have compared the 2016 Audi SQ5against the Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class and Porsche Macan, 2016 models.
- Regarding rating by critics, the 2016 Audi SQ5 stands at par with the 2016 Porsche Macan at 9.1 above the 8.9 received by the Merc.
- The SQ5’s interior rating stands at 8.5 above the Porsche’s 8.4 and slightly below the 8.6 of the Benz.
- The Audi SQ5 beats the other two as it has 8-Speed Automatic.
- Cargo Volume of the SQ5 to Seat 3 (Cu. ft.) is at 29.1 compared to Porsche Macan’s 17.7 and the 20.5 for the Mercedes-Benz.
- Overall rating stands at 8.6 against the 8.9 for the Mercedes and 9.0 for the Porsche Macan.
The 2016 Audi SQ5 is the first venture by Audi into the quickly expanding high-performance SUV market segment. With this model, Audi now has officially a compact luxury crossover that meets the needs of everybody in the compact premium crossover market. While not inexpensive, the SQ5 is providing worthwhile thrills buyers at a fair price.
• 2016 Audi A3 Convertible Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A3 Wagon Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A3 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A4 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A5 Cabriolet Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A5 Coupe Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A6 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A7 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi A8 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi allroad Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi Q3 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi Q5 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi Q5 Hybrid Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi RS7 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi S3 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi S4 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi S5 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi S6 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi S7 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi S8 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi SQ5 Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi TT Coupe Pros VS Cons
• 2016 Audi TT Roadster Pros VS Cons