2017 Audi Q5 Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
To avoid overpaying on a new Audi Q5, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
- Paddle-shift on the steering wheel
- Adaptive cruise control
- Audi Drive Select
All models of the Q5 come with Quattro all wheel drive and an eight-speed automatic transmission. The Premium and Premium Plus trims are equipped with a 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder engine that offers 220 horsepower. This engine has an EPA fuel efficiency rating of 20/27 mpg (city/highway).
For drivers wanting more power under the hood, the 3.0-liter, six-cylinder supercharged engine provides an impressive 354 horsepower. This engine is an available option on the Premium Plus trim and comes standard on the Prestige. The EPA has determined the fuel efficiency rating to be 18/26 mpg.
The 2017 Audi Q5 is a stylish, confident SUV with dual tailpipes, a modern, trapezoid-shaped grille, and a smooth, efficient shape. Standard exterior features include:
- LED daytime head and tail lights
- Front and tail fog lights
- Power-adjustable, heated exterior side mirrors with integrated LED turn signals
- Power tailgate
The Premium Plus and Prestige trims build on the base model by adding:
- Headlight washing system
- S-line exterior
- Power-adjustable, heated exterior side mirrors with memory and integrated LED turn
With high-quality materials, modern convenience features, and plenty of space for passengers or cargo, the 2017 Audi Q5 has a classic, well-appointed interior. Standard comfort features for all models include:
- Three-zone climate control
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel with multi-functionality
- Panoramic sunroof
- Walnut inlays
- Cruise control
The Premium Plus trim adds stainless steel door inlays and trunk sill, while the Prestige trim includes a Thermo cup holder and rear-side sunshades. Standard information and entertainment equipment include:
- Concert AM/FM/CD/MP3 with ten-speaker stereo
- Driver information system
- Music interface with iPod integration
- Homelink garage door opener
- Rain/light sensor to activate automatic headlights and windshield wipers
The Premium Plus adds keyless start/stop/entry and the Premium includes MMI navigation and an upgraded 14-speaker sound system.
Audi has an excellent safety reputation, equipped with modern safety features and collision-avoidance features. The 2017 Audi Q5 continues that tradition with a four-star crash test rating and solid scores from the IIHS. The Premium and Premium Plus models include:
- Rear-view camera
- Full suite of airbags
- Stability control with offroad mode and traction control
- Anti-theft alarm with immobilizer
The Prestige model adds a technology package which includes front and rear parking sensors and side assist.
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Audi Q5 invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here.)
Note: All Audi Q5 MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.