2017 Kia Forte Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost w/ Holdback
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Kia Forte Prices - How Much is a Kia Forte?
To avoid overpaying on a new Kia Forte, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What’s New for 2018?
After receiving a styling refresh last year, the 2018 Kia Forte does not receive any major updates. However, Kia did slightly rearrange some of the available trim packages.
What Styles Does It Come In?
The 2018 Kia Forte is a compact sedan that competes against cars such as the Toyota Corolla and the Honda Civic. KIA also offers a hatchback model called the Forte5. A family of five will be able to travel in complete comfort. Unfortunately for the drivers who experience snowfall during the winter, all-wheel drive is not offered. If you don’t like manual transmissions, Kia offers an optional automatic gearbox.
What Are the Available Trims?
- Stamped with a MSRP of $16,800, the base 2018 Kia Forte LX is ideal for the car buyers who don’t have a lot of money spend. While Bluetooth integration and satellite radio come standard, the optional Popular equipment package adds nice features like a backup camera and Kia’s touch-screen infotainment system. The Forte LX sedan’s four-cylinder engine produces a moderate 147 horsepower and 132 pound-feet of torque.
- The sports-tuned S trim delivers a more poised performance on the road. A rear spoiler and alloy wheels give it more flair. Most importantly, the Forte S gives you access to modern safety innovations such as blind-spot monitoring and automatic collision braking.
- While leather-trimmed EX model isn’t as sporty as the S model, it’s the most luxurious version of the Forte sedan. You will also benefit from a more powerful 164-horsepower engine. Adaptive xenon headlights, heated front seats, and dual-zone climate control come standard. Ventilated front seats and navigation are optional.
- Available only in a hatchback body style, the Forte5 SX delivers an elevated degree of performance. Its turbocharged four-cylinder engine develops a potent 201 horsepower. The Forte5 SX also adds sporty styling cues like twin exhaust tips and 18-inch wheels.
How Does It Drive?
Some drivers may crave more performance than the base engine can deliver. Expect the EX trim’s stronger engine to offer a more pleasing driving experience. For the folks who are seeking pure fun, Kia offers the exciting Forte5 SX. Even models fitted with a sports-tuned suspension maintain a smooth ride on the highway. Despite the Forte’s comfy seats, very tall drivers may desire a bit more headroom in the front.
How Does It Do On Gas?
Automatic models equipped with the base engine can average a combined 32 mpg. The EX trim’s engine lower’s lowers fuel economy to a combined 28mpg. With a combined rating of 25 mpg, the manual-equipped Forte5 SX is the thirstiest trim in the lineup. Drivers will be happy to learn that every Forte model uses regular unleaded gas.
How to Calculate The Dealer Cost of a Kia Forte
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Kia Forte invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of all the options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here)
Note: All Kia Forte MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.