2017 Chevrolet ImpalaShould you buy? Well, it depends..
What’s New for 2017?
No significant changes have been made for the 2017 model year. However, the available trims have been slightly rearranged.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Impala – The Pros
1) Respectable Fuel Economy
If you desire the best possible gas mileage, choose the base four-cylinder engine. It returns a competitive 22 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the open road. An automatic stop-start system comes standard. With a highway fuel economy rating of 28 mpg, the V-6 model also proves to be a good choice for taking road trips.
2) Potent V-6 Engine
Regarding overall performance, the optional V-6 engine is a major upgrade from the base engine. Chevy tuned it to develop an exciting 305 horsepower and 264 pound-feet of torque. Upon stepping on the accelerator, you will instantly notice the car’s additional power under the hood. The V-6 Impala takes only 6.4 seconds to hit 60 mph, which is an impressive time.
3) Relaxing and Secure Ride
Whether you are cruising along the interstate or driving around your local city, the 2017 Impala will provide a comfortable ride. Its suspension system excels at soaking up rough sections of pavement. While the big sedan is not a sports car, it does feel extremely secure on the road.
4) Muscular Styling
The 2017 Impala has become a very attractive car. A sporty front fascia helps give it a distinctive appearance. Styling enhancements, such as the optional trunk-lid spoiler, make the sedan look even more inspiring. Chevy also offers a custom-looking Midnight Edition model, which features all-black exterior trim and a special set of 19-inch wheels. Some of the refreshing paint colors include Siren Red, Silver Ice, and Arctic Blue.
5) Plenty of Room
As expected, the full-size Chevrolet Impala has a very large cabin. Your entire family will be able to travel in extreme comfort. Not only does the sedan provide a lot of legroom in the back, but it is also a good option for tall drivers. You can take advantage of the car’s gigantic trunk as well.
6) Base Model Costs Less Than $30,000
The base 2017 Impala LS is a good choice for thrifty car shoppers. You can expect to pay around $28,000. It is just as comfortable and efficient as the higher trim levels. Buyers will also receive 60,000 miles of roadside assistance coverage. Bluetooth technology and satellite radio come standard.
7) Standard 4G Wi-Fi Hot Spot
Technology lovers will be thankful for the standard 4G Wi-Fi hot spot. Your family can obtain a strong Internet connection throughout the day. Kids will like being able to bring along their electronic tablets. Most of the Chevrolet Impala’s competitors fail to even offer a 4G Wi-Fi connection.
8) Nice Components
There are plenty of nice components available for the 2017 Chevrolet Impala. Featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Chevy’s MyLink infotainment system is among the most user-friendly interfaces in the business. The thunderous Bose sound system offers superb sound quality. Some of the other options include ventilated seats, a wireless phone charger, and navigation.
9) Impressive Level of Passenger Safety
The 2017 Chevrolet Impala boasts a perfect, five-star safety rating. GM’s highly touted OnStar system also can provide roadside assistance at any time of the day. While the rear-view camera and parking sensors are helpful, the luxurious Premier model can be equipped with automatic braking technology. Side Blind Zone Alert and lane-departure warning are also offered.
10) Strong Braking SystemEven the base Chevrolet Impala comes equipped with a very responsive braking system. When tested on the road, the Impala came to a stop quicker than the average full-size sedan. If an obstacle such as a deer suddenly crosses your path, you can take full advantage of the Impala’s extra stopping power.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2017 Chevrolet Impala – The Cons
1) Four-Cylinder Engine is not As Fun
If you desire quick acceleration, the V-6 will prove to be a must-have feature. While the four-cylinder engine gets the job done, it is not nearly as fun. There is a significant difference in performance between these two engines.
2) No Sports-Tuned Suspension
While the standard suspension rewards you with a plush ride, some people would prefer a bit sportier driving experience. Unfortunately, Chevrolet does not offer a sports-tuned suspension package. On the other hand, both the Chrysler 300 and the Toyota Avalon can be equipped with a stiffer suspension.
3) All-Wheel-Drive Unavailable
All versions of the 2017 Chevrolet Impala feature a front-wheel-drive system. Chevrolet does not offer all-wheel drive as an option. This may pose a major problem for the drivers who must routinely travel in wintry weather.
The 2017 Chevrolet Impala stands out in a lot of key areas. It is a big sedan that provides a high-level of passenger safety. When equipped with the potent V-6 engine, the sedan becomes one of the quickest models in the class. Furthermore, Chevrolet now offers an admirable number of high-tech features. Regarding overall ride quality, the 2017 Chevrolet Impala is destined to leave your family impressed.
• 2017 Chevrolet Camero Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet City Express Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Colorado Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Cruze Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Equinox Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Express 2500 Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Express 3500 Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Impala Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Malibu Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Buy Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Buy Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Sonic Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Spark Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Suburban Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Traverse Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Trax Buying Guide
• 2017 Chevrolet Volt Buying Guide