2016, 2017 Honda CR-V Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost w/ Holdback
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Honda CR-V Prices - How Much is a Honda CR-V?
To avoid overpaying on a new Honda CR-V, price shop online first. Get up front prices before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
What's New in the 2017 CR-V
The 2017 Honda CR-V was given a huge overhaul from the 2016. Honda virtually re-constructed the 2017 CR-V to give it better power and performance. Honda re-sculpted the exterior by reshaping the front fascia, molding the haunches to look more athletic, and reshaping the rear windows. Honda also gave the CR-V an extra 1.5 inches of clearance from the road, making it a little more difficult to accidentally bottom-out.
All trims, save for the base LX model, were given the Civic's powerful 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine, making these compact SUVs some of the least gas-guzzling models in their class. Body roll has also been reduced.
The interior has also been redesigned. Honda added additional legroom for rear seat passengers and features a whopping 75.8 cubic feet of cargo space. Front are rear seats were widened.
This small SUV crossover is available in all wheel drive or front wheel drive, depending on which you prefer to drive.
Available trims (along with their combinations of engines and transmissions) for the 2017 Honda CR-V include:
- EX 4-door SUV AWD (1.5L 4-cyl Turbo CVT)
- EX 4-door SUV (1.5L 4-cyl Turbo CVT)
- EX-L 4-door SUV AWD (1.5L 4-cyl Turbo CVT)
- EX-L 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
- EX-L w/Navigation 4-door SUV AWD (1.5L 4-cyl Turbo CVT)
- EX-L w/Navigation 4-door SUV (1.5L 4-cyl Turbo CVT)
- LX 4-door SUV AWD (2.4L 4-cyl CVT)
- LX 4-door SUV AWD (2.4L 4-cyl CVT)
- Touring 4-door SUV (1.5L 4-cyl Turbo CVT)
- Touring 4-door SUV AWD (1.5L 4-cyl Turbo CVT)
The 2017 Honda CR-V is an excellent choice in ride for families. The ride is smooth, fairly quiet, and the handling is smooth due to reduced body roll. The turbocharged engine gives trims (save for the LX) great acceleration capability. Electric-assist steering is more precise than other vehicles in its class, and steering effort is minimal when driving at slower speeds. Interior comfort is superb, and tires absorb impact well due to Honda's decision to make 18 inches the cap size for wheels.
No matter which trim you choose, the 2017 Honda CR-V gets excellent gas mileage for a vehicle in its class.
- EX AWD: 29 combined mpg, 27/33 mpg
- EX: 30 combined mpg, 28/34 mpg
- EX-L AWD: 29 combined mpg, 27/33 mpg
- EX-L: 30 combined mpg, 28/34 mpg
- LX AWD: 27 combined mpg, 25/31 mpg
- LX: 28 combined mpg, 26/32 mpg
- Touring AWD: 29 combined mpg, 27/33 mp
- Touring: 30 combined mpg, 28/34 mpg
The 2017 CR-V is a surprising little powerhouse of a crossover SUV. All of the updates Honda made to the 2017 model are well worth the price tag, which ranges between an MSRP of $24,045 and $33,695, making these crossovers some of the most affordable vehicles in their class.
How to Calculate The Dealer Cost of a Honda CR-V
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Honda CR-V invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of all the options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here)
Note: All Honda CR-V Prices above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.