Why Buy a 2017 Toyota Highlander HybridShould you buy? Well, it depends..
What’s New for 2017?
Not only does the 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid kick out more power, but it also comes equipped with an additional number of advanced safety technologies. Furthermore, Toyota decided to update the SUV’s styling.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid – The Pros
1. Very Good on Gas
SUVs have not always been known for delivering good gas mileage. However, the Highlander Hybrid’s strong fuel economy is a testament to Toyota ’s commitment to developing efficient vehicles. It is rated to return a splendid 30 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the open road. The SUV’s overall fuel efficiency has actually improved by 10 percent.
2. Powerful Performance
The Highlander Hybrid’s brawny performance will surprise a lot of drivers. Its hybrid V-6 engine now develops a stout 306 horsepower. This is more power than the regular Highlander. As soon as you step on the accelerator, you will notice the SUV’s extra muscle. Aside from its brisk acceleration, the Highlander Hybrid can also tow up to 3,500 pounds.
3. Standard AWD System
Unlike the majority of hybrid family vehicles on the market, the 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid comes standard with all-wheel drive. The advanced AWD system gives you the maximum traction when traveling on slippery roads. With about 8.0 inches of ground clearance under the SUV, it can easily churn through snow. You can also take the Highlander Hybrid on a light off-road trail.
4. Pleasing to Drive
Most drivers will like being behind the wheel of the 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. Its well-designed steering system makes drivers feel confident. Because of the engine’s surplus of torque, moving the SUV around only requires a light touch of the throttle. Stable handling is yet another one of the Highlander Hybrid’s strengths. An advanced stability control system keeps you out of trouble.
5. Revamped Styling
The 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid now looks a bit sportier than before. New headlights and a bold front fascia give the crossover a modern appearance. If you desire more style, step up to the Limited trim. It boasts an eye-catching set of 19-inch wheels and LED running lights. Some of the head-turning exterior colors include Nautical Blue, Alumina Jade, Ooh La La Rouge.
6. Smooth, Quiet Family Hauler
When driving the 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, you will experience a very relaxed vibe. The SUV’s overall build quality is exceptional. Because of the Highlander Hybrid’s refined character, it is able to compete with vehicles that are far more expensive. Wind noise is kept to a hush. Your family will also enjoy the SUV’s supple ride.
7. Spacious & Comfortable
Like the regular Toyota Highlander, the hybrid model is an ideal family vehicle. It has the ability to comfortably seat up to eight people. Even the second-row seats are designed with a reclining function, which allows your friends to kick back and relax. A useful cargo area makes the Highlander Hybrid a great choice for taking family vacations.
8. Well-Equipped Base LX Model
If you don’t want to spend any extra money on unneeded features, the base 2017 Toyota Highlander will be a great choice. It has a price tag of $36,270, which is $11,500 less expensive than the top-of-the-line model. Some of the notable standard equipment includes a touch-screen display, a tri-zone climate control system, and several advanced safety technologies.
9. Entune Multimedia Bundle
When equipped with the available Entune Multimedia Bundle, the Highlander Hybrid becomes a more rewarding commuter vehicle. A high-resolution display enables you to clearly see all of the available apps. When traveling out of town, an integrated navigation system prevents you from taking a wrong turn.
10. Impressive Safety ProfileAside from the SUV’s five-star safety rating, it also comes standard with some very convenient driving aids. If you fail to notice a stopped vehicle, the automatic braking system can take control. Some of the other standard driving aids include a rear-view camera, pedestrian detection, and Steering Assist technology.
Reasons Not to Buy a 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid – The Cons
1. More Expensive than the Conventional Highlander
In exchange for the Highlander Hybrid’s eco-friendly design, you will be required to pay extra. It will take at least a few years for you to make up the difference in fuel savings. The top-of-the-line Limited Platinum model demands nearly $48,000.
2. Third-Row Seat Could Use More Legroom
The Toyota Highlander Hybrid is a roomy vehicle. However, long-legged folks will desire a bit more room when sitting in the SUV’s third-row seat.
3. No Available Sports-Tuned Suspension
In contrast to the conventional Highlander, the hybrid version does not offer a sports-tuned suspension. While the Highlander Hybrid does feel poised in most driving situations, a stiffer suspension would make it more engaging to drive on twisty roads.
How it stacks up to the competition:
The Nissan Pathfinder and the Honda Pilot compete against the 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. When it comes to fuel efficiency, the Highlander Hybrid easily outperforms both of these three-row crossovers. Although the Lexus RX Hybrid is a close match for the Highlander Hybrid, it costs significantly more money.
Conclusion:In terms of styling and passenger comfort, there are not many differences between the conventional Highlander and the hybrid version. However, the Highlander Hybrid’s superior gas mileage will intrigue a lot of drivers. You will be able to enjoy all-wheel-drive traction without compromising any efficiency. Featuring a 360-degree parking camera and a panoramic sunroof, the luxurious Limited Platinum model sits atop the lineup.
• 2017 Toyota 86 Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Avalon Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Camry Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Camry Hybrid Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Corolla Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Corolla iM Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Highlander Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Buy Guide
• 2017 Toyota Landcruiser Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Prius Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Prius V Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Rav4 Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Sequoia Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Sienna Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Tacoma Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Tundra Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Yaris Buying Guide
• 2017 Toyota Yaris iA Buying Guide
• Why buy a 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid? w/ pros vs cons.