2016, 2017 Ford F-450 Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost w/ Holdback
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Ford F-450 Prices - How Much is a Ford F-450?
To avoid overpaying on a new Ford F-450, price shop online first. Get up front prices before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
Brawny and gigantic, the 2017 Ford F-450 is the trunk of every laborers’ dreams. Since the release in 1999, the F-450 has long been the ruler of Ford’s pickup trunk line-up, and this year’s model is no exception. In fact, the 2017 Super Duty family was crowned the 2017 Motor Trend Truck of the Year for improved handling, fuel economy, and tremendous towing capacity.
The biggest change from previous years, however, was that the body was completely revamped. The fully boxed frame has over 95 percent military-grade steel, strengthened axles, and more. While the 2017 Ford F-450 is more resilient, it is also 350 pounds lighter.
The following trims are available for the 2017 Ford F-450:
• XL – MSRP of $53,945
• XLT – MSRP of $65,835
• King Ranch – MSRP $72,655
• Platinum – MSRP $77,325
• All come with choice of regular cab, super cab, or crew cab.
• 2 cargo box options: 6.75 foot bed or an 8 foot better, with either 65.4 or 78.5 square feet of volume respectively.
Should the driver be considering an F-350 or F-450, once of the biggest difference would be the wheel base. The F-450 has 19.5 inch wheels, and there are 6 of them, because of the dual rear wheels.
Unless extra features are a must, for performance, the XL is more than enough for any serious pickup truck driver. The standard engine is a 6.7 L Power Stroke V8 Turbo Diesel engine that has upgraded diesel engine-exhaust braking. The monstrous engine has 440 horsepower and 925 pound-feet of peak torque. Transmission is the smooth TorqShift Heavy Duty 6-speed SelectShift Automatic. Switching between front and 4-wheel drive is also hassle-free.
Optional safety-enhancers include:
• Rear view cameras mounted to the tailgate
• Center High Mounted Stop Light (CHMSL) camera,
• Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera System (combines with the CHMSL camera) which provides 360-degree view,
• Blind Spot Monitoring System with trailer tow and cross-traffic alert
• Trailer reverse guidance
• Exterior backup alarm
• Cruise control
When it comes to driving the 2017 F-450, the acceleration is “impressive.” Side-to-side, the trunk handles well and has stability. Forward and backward feedback leaves something to be desired.
The 2017 Ford F-450 is a veritable beast when it comes to handling huge cargo loads, excessive weight, and grueling equipment hauls. The power and safety afforded to every trim has won this model worthy recognition.
How to Calculate The Dealer Cost of a Ford F-450
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Ford F-450 invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of all the options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here)
Note: All Ford F-450 Prices above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.