2017 Toyota Prius Prices: MSRP vs Dealer Invoice vs True Dealer Cost w/ Holdback
MSRP Invoice Price Destination Fee Holdback Dealer Cost
Toyota Prius Prices - How Much is a Toyota Prius?
To avoid overpaying on a new Toyota Prius, shop prices online first. Get up front pricing before you walk into a dealership. We recommend the following free services;
New for the current model year is Toyota Safety Sense P, which used to only be included in the highest trim levels. Some of the key features of this protective suite include the following:
- Adaptive Cruise Control relies on radar to keep you at a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you while traveling at the speed you set. The Prius changes speed to compensate for traffic changes and can even stop to avoid an accident using Pre-Collision Braking to a Full Stop.
- Lane Departure Warning issues alerts if the driver did not activate a turn signal and the car drifts from the lane due to inattention or drowsiness. It can nudge the Prius back into line.
- Automatic High-Beam Control switches the headlights from high-beam to low-beam when it detects headlights of another vehicle approaching. Once that vehicle has passed, it switches back to high-beam.
The 2017 Toyota Prius uses a permanent-magnet AC synchronous motor as well as a 1.8-l inline four cylinder that creates 95 horsepower and 105 lb.-ft. of torque. EPA-estimated fuel economy goes up to 54 MPG in the city and 50 MPG on the highway. Smoothing out the ride and optimizing handling response is a double-wishbone rear suspension. A rear spoiler not only adds panache to the exterior but helps with aerodynamics to quiet disruptive wind patterns.
The following trims are available:
- Prius Two is the least expensive and includes Smart Key System, so car doors unlock by pulling on the driver door handle. Pressing the Push Button Start runs the engine.
- Prius Two Eco adds a 4.2-inch dual color Multi-Information Display for revealing important data about the vehicle. Cruise control eases driving on long trips.
- Prius Three includes wireless charging for Qi-compatible smartphones. The Entune™ Premium Audio enhances infotainment value by integrating navigation and an app suite.
- Prius Three Touring brings in fog lights with LED accent lights to enhance visibility on misty days. its SofTex®-upholstered seats are easy to clean.
- Prius Four warns of any vehicles approaching just beyond the range of the driver's peripheral vision though the Blind Spot Monitor. Rear Cross-Traffic Alert warns of any cars crossing the backward path of the Prius.
- Prius Four Touring keeps away moisture from the driver's view through rain-sensing intermittent variable windshield wipers, which also vary their speed depending on the intensity of moisture buildup.
Although the 2017 Toyota Prius drives like a practical mid-size, it surprises with comfortable available leather seats, multiple potential connections to external device, and the freedom of commercial-free music from available satellite stations. It drives as quietly as expected for a hybrid but encourages a sports-car feel with seats that are over two inches lower than expected and yet comfortable enough for long-distance travel.
How to Calculate The Dealer Cost of a Toyota Prius
Formula for Calculating Dealer Cost:
- Example: Base Toyota Prius invoice price + the dealer Invoice price of all the options + destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
- What is Holdback? A hidden amount that manufacturers give back to a dealer. It is a percentage of the MSRP or the Invoice price.
Total Dealer Cost - Rebate and Incentive + Taxes / Licensing Fees = True Dealer Cost. (You can get rebates and incentives here)
Note: All Toyota Prius MSRP, invoice and dealer cost dollar figures above are approximate amounts. Prices are subject to change without notice.
A note about rebates: Most rebates are subtracted from the "on the road" figure. In most cases, you can have the rebate if you are arranging your own financing or you are paying cash. If you decide to use the manufacturer’s low interest financing, you do not usually get the rebate. Ask your dealer for details.